Hot-Chocolate Mix Is a Wintertime Staple. Try These Delicious Twists On Classic Cocoa Next Time You Reach For Your Mug.
Copycat Star Bucks Hot Chocolate….Rich and Creamy In Less Than 2 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cup milk (I used 2%)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Add water, cocoa and sugar into a microwave safe bowl and heat for approximately 40 seconds or until warm. Mix well to create the chocolate syrup.
- Add milk and vanilla and stir well.
- Heat in the microwave for about 60 seconds or until hot.
- Serve with whipped cream or marshmallows.
Creamy, Rich Hot Chocolate Mix – Better Than Any Store-Bought Packets…
- 3 cups nonfat instant dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients into a large bowl. Pour half of the mixture into the bowl of a food processor and process until the chocolate is finely ground. Transfer to an airtight container, then repeat with the remaining mix. Store in the airtight container for up to 3 months.
To make the hot cocoa drink, mix 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix with 1 cup hot milk.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa (Dutch-process recommended)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Fill 1/3 to 1/2 of mug with cocoa mix. Add hot water or milk and stir until mix is dissolved. ADDITIONS TO TRY:
–Top with marshmallows or whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon, shaved chocolate, or crushed candy canes.
–For a mocha drink, add a shot of espresso before the hot water or milk.
–For spiced cocoa, add 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice to mug.
–Stir in and dissolve a caramel, chocolate square, or chocolate mint.
–Add a cinnamon stick or candy cane for a stir stick.
6 c milk (2% recommended)
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag white chocolate chips into crock pot
1. Place 16oz heavy whipping cream
2. Crock on low 2-3 hours.
3. mix well to blend – the chocolate should be melted
4. Ladle into mugs
5. Top with choice of goodies (bark, sprinkles, marshmallows)
Peppermint Hot Cocoa– just 3 ingredients to make!
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- 4 cups milk
- In a small saucepan, add water and mint chocolate chips and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted.
- Slowly add milk, stirring as you add.
- When hot, serve with marshmallows or whipped cream.
Just 2-ingredient Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe at could not be easier, or more delicious. It’s that hazelnut in the Nutella that gives it a special, nutty flavor
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1/3 cup nutella
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- Scald milk in a pot. Scalding means heat the milk before boiling point.
- Whisk in nutella.
- Turn off fire.
- Transfer to mugs and top with marshmallows.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2cup milk
- 2 white fudge oreos, crushed
- In a pan, add water and chocolate chips. Stir frequently to avoid burning the chocolate.
- When chocolate is fully melted, stir in milk slowly.
- Finely crush oreos in a blender, then stir in to pan with chocolate and milk.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, more oreos, or just on its own!
- 2 cups milk, any kind
- 1 cup water (or use 3 c milk)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp light chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp non-bitter stevia (or add 1-2 Tbsp more sugar to taste)
- pinch salt
- graham crackers, crushed (for lining rim)
- ½ cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven to low broil and move oven rack to the second from the top (high enough up to broil your marshmallows). Place baking sheet on rack.
- Heat milk and water in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through – about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overheat or scald.
- Add cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, sugar, stevia and salt and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined.
- Meanwhile, take a few marshmallows and rub them around the top of your mugs so the graham crackers will stick. Then, dip mug in graham cracker crumbs until well lined. You could also add some graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of your mug for extra graham flavor.
- Pour in hot chocolate and top with ¼ cup marshmallows each. Carefully set mugs on the baking sheet in the oven and broil marshmallows until browned, watching carefully as to not let them burn.
- Carefully remove from the oven with a towel and serve with holders or a small towel to protect hand from heat (they should cool quickly for handling). Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and extra graham cracker crumbs for serving (optional).
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Dutch cocoa powder (see note)
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Caramel sauce, for drizzling
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk until hot but not boiling (you’ll start to see steam). Whisk in the cocoa, 1/4 cup sugar, and caramel until smooth. Turn off the heat. Pour into two mugs.
- In a cold medium bowl, beat the cream until it starts to thicken. Gradually beat in the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form (when you pull the beaters straight up, peaks form without falling over). Pipe on top of hot chocolate then drizzle for caramel sauce.
Hot Chocolate Floats. Whoever posted this recipe is now officially my hero. Hot. Chocolate. Floats. There are no words…
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups milk (I used whole milk)
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar, to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 6 oz good-quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 oz good-quality milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 quart ice cream
- Hot fudge sauce
- Chocolate shavings or other decorations (optional)
- Whisk together the cream, milk, 2 tbsp brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan. Place the pan over medium heat and cook it, whisking occasionally, until it starts to simmer. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the chopped chocolates, stirring until they’re melted. Carefully taste the mixture and add more sugar, if desired.
- Place 2-3 scoops of ice cream into mugs. Pour hot chocolate on top of the ice cream, and garnish with whipped cream, fudge sauce, chocolate shavings, or other toppings. Serve with spoons for maximum slurping.
Love this! This has to be the most satisfying cup of hot cocoa you will ever have!!!!
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup french vanilla non dairy creamer
- 1 cup of 60% cacao chocolate chips
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 small package of cook and serve butterscotch pudding (NOT instant)
- 1 large package of cook and serve chocolate pudding (NOT instant)
- In a blender or food processor grind chocolate chips until fine.
- Mix all ingredients in a zip lock bag or a container with a lid. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- To make Hot Chocolate Mix: Take ⅓ cup of mix and 1 cup milk ( and add a little heavy cream if you want to go really over the top) mix together. In microwave or on stove top bring mixture to a boil until chocolate chunks are melted, Hot cocoa will thicken once heated. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Create A Hot Chocolate Bar For Your Next Winter Party! I Love This Idea!
HOT CHOCOLATE BAR CONDIMENTS: Crushed Chocolate Mint Oreos German Chocolate Marshmallows Cookies and Cream candy bars chopped up Mini Chocolate Chips Caramel Balls Pirouette Cookies (two different flavors) Mini Marshmallows Gingerbread Marshmallows Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows on stripey straws Candy Canes Whipped Cream.
There You Have It! Try Them All And Enjoy!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”